We cannot under estimate the importance of Face Masks in our sector.
Lets face it (no pun intended!) since life with COVID began, we have been hearing about face coverings. It has made headlines (ah – another pun!) since early days – to wear or not to wear, how to wear them, when to wear them, to wear alone or with a visor, to wear a visor and no mask….
Our Government and the HSE have made informed recommendations with our best interests, our health, our health system, our families and communities in mind on this very topic.
We will now lay it bare…
- For all of us working in the Hair and Beauty Sector face masks SHOULD be worn by YOU, your TEAM and your CLIENTS! Face masks save lives, it’s that simple. Our Government has advised the wearing of Face Masks in all hair & beauty salons and barbershops.
- Surgical or cloth face masks are preferable, with or without a visor. Visors should NOT be worn alone. Wear them with a face mask should you wish, but avoid wearing a visor on its own where possible.
- We must FACE UP TO OUR RESPONSIBILITIES!
GOV.ie clearly set out when we should wear a mask, they even go as far as to tell us ‘how to make them’.
How to wear a face mask correctly…
A cloth face covering should cover the nose and go under the chin and:
- fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- be secured with ties or ear loops
- include at least 2 layers of fabric
- allow for breathing without restriction
Gov.ie is full of great advice and reference material should you have any questions. One page in particular is worth a read every now and then as a reminder: Symptoms of COVID-19 and how to protect yourself.
We implore you to do what it takes to stay safe, to be responsible and to provide a standard of hygiene and care to your team and clients. And also to demand a standard of hygiene and care from your team and your clients. Please stay safe and look after yourself and all those around you. #HABICTogether.HABIC Ireland