The BEST of the BEST Photographic Awards 2020 brought to you by HABIC Ireland…. ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN!
This year sees BEST of the BEST join forces with HABIC – the Hair and Beauty Industry Confederation of Ireland, for the first time. The BEST of the BEST Photographic Awards as always will showcase the true talent that Ireland’s Hair & Beauty industry has to offer. It does so by acknowledging outstanding performers within the sector. With the backing and support of HABIC, this year’s Awards are expected to attract substantially higher entry levels. It has also opened a number of new Award Categories including additional Business Awards. The adjudication process for the Business Awards will include a panel adjudication combined with an online public vote to reveal the ultimate winners.
- This year all BEST of the BEST Photographic Awards Submissions will be done online
- You must be a member of HABIC Ireland to enter. JOIN HABIC
- CLOSING DATE for submissions is 5pm Wednesday 30th Sept 2020
Covid-19 does change things a little…
Growing steadily from its humble beginnings back in 1998, the awards are a four-month long process involving a prestigious panel of international judges and culminating in the Hair & Beauty Photographic Awards Evening. This year, 2020, things will run a little differently. Due to the ongoing restrictions in place with COVID-19, and the ongoing uncertainty that surrounds large gatherings, this year we will not host an Awards Evening as done in previous years. This year instead the awards will be hosted online.
We, at BEST of the BEST and HABIC Ireland are excited about the journey as we embark in the search of the BEST of the BEST in our industry. We look forward to sharing it with you and to the big reveal of our 2020 Winners!
Please find below the list of Categories and Awards for the 2020 Photographic Awards. It’s now time for you to decide which award to enter! We wish you the very BEST of luck!
– Ireland’s Hairdresser of the Year 2020 Award
This Award will be presented to the entrant with the highest combined scores from their best 3 submissions from the following award categories; Haircutter, Hair Colourist, Bridal Hairstylist, Editorial Stylist.
– Photographic Collection Ireland (3 Images)
- Ireland’s Haircutter of the Year
- Ireland’s Make-up Artist of the Year
- Ireland’s Hair Colourist of the Year
- Ireland’s Barber of the Year
- Ireland’s Bridal Hairstylist of the Year
- Ireland’s Editorial Stylist of the Year
- Ireland’s Frank Hession ‘Style’ Award Long Hair
– Photographic Single Image Ireland
- Avant Garde, Fantasy or Vintage Hair Style
- Avant Garde, Fantasy or Vintage Make-up
- Hairdressing Newcomer
- Make-up Newcomer
- Barber Newcomer
– International Photographic Collection (3 Images)
in association with The Irish Hairdresser Magazine
- International Colour Collection
- International Men’s Collection
- International Black & White Collection
- International Avant Garde Collection
– Business Awards
- Hair Salon of the Year
- Barber Shop of the Year
- Beauty Salon of the Year
- Nail Salon of the Year
- ‘Green’ Salon of the Year
- Header Image: Chrystofer Benson, USA, Photo: Joseph Cartright. Colette Manning Lacy, Lash & Brow Studio, Photo: Yam Photography. Samantha Byrne, Vanilla Hair Design, Photo: Lee Michell. Ann Duggan, The Green Room, Photo: Lee Mitchell
- Banner Image: Shaun Moriarty, The Green Room. Photo: Lee Mitchell