HABIC is proud to serve and support our members.
Launched in October 2019, HABIC has had a busy first year battling the arrival of COVID-19 and the fall out that it brought. HABIC has supported its members and non-members alike over the past 12 months lobbying Government and liaising with Government departments as we worked through lockdown, reopening, Level 3 and Level 5 Restrictions.
- Remained open, the HABIC office is manned on a full time basis, someone is always at the end of the phone to support you
- Have dealt with a host of industry concerns and queries via phone, email and social channels
- Maintained an up-to-date website and blog with all relevant industry information
- Delivered a submission to the Low Pay Commission
- Delivered the Industry Re-opening Guidelines in consultation with the HSA, DBEI and all other partnering industry bodies
- Developed the Rebound Programme in conjunction with Image Skillnet
- Contributed to a host of learning and development programmes with Image Skillnet
- Developed the independently audited HABIC/Glantar Salon Hygiene Award
- Met directly with the Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation to raise industry concerns
- Met directly with the DBEI and maintained consistent engagement around various industry issues
- Lobbied for and achieved the 29th June re-opening date for the sector
- Delivered the first ever, ground-breaking Economic Impact Report on the industry
- Lobbied for a fair July Stimulus financial aid package from Government
- Partnered with ISMA and SME Recovery to lobby Government for financial aid for all SME’s
- Became a Local Leader in the fight for SME Recovery Supports
- Delivered a Pre-Budget Submission to Government
- Lobbied for a VAT reduction for the industry
- HABIC CEO / Network Manager of Image Skillnet, chaired the National Hairdressing Apprenticeship Consortium Steering Group
- Developed a submission for the Apprenticeship Consultation Review 2021-2025
- Engaged in the Apprenticeship Feedback Consultation session
- Lobbied for the industry to re-open in advance of Dec 2nd
- Outlined our very serious concerns around the use of crude rolling lockdowns to all members of the 33rd Dail
- Engaged in the National Statutory Sick Pay Consultation process with the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment
- Developed the “Reach Out and Connect” Campaign to connect with the elderly and vulnerable during the height of the pandemic as featured on RTE
- Developed an engaging Christmas Advert for the salons to share with their customers
- Developed a Support and Shop Local Campaign
- Featured in many newspapers and media publications raising the needs and concerns of our industry
- Connected a vast number of media requests from journalist and mainstream media with salons for articles, TV and radio shows
- Ran the BEST of the BEST Photographic and Business Awards online
- Hosted a large number of information briefings and education events
- Hosted a CRSS event with Revenue
- Developed a host of Resources that can be found on our website www.habic.ie
- Produced (ongoing) engagement and surveys to gain an understanding of industry issues
- Completed Research with the University of Limerick and Skillnet Ireland which will be launched in 2021
- Collaborated with Artist Amanda Jane Graham and Leitrim County Council as part of a Sparks Residency which will be launched in 2021
For 2021 HABIC will continue to support salons through the Pandemic and beyond.
We will continue to be your voice and to drive sustainable industry development, collaborate and develop positive relationships with key stakeholders and work towards the fulfilment of the HABIC Statement of Strategy 2020 – 2024.
If you believe in what HABIC is working hard to achieve and deliver, we invite you to join us. We have relaunched our Membership Programme which has been designed in response to the support and assistance that our members and social followers have requested since we launched in 2019. Our members will benefit from a range of excellent and trustworthy Business Supports, substantial Business Discounts and much more. We invite you to read more about our Member Benefits and we look forward to welcoming you to the team!