ISME is the Irish Small to Medium Enterprise Association.
One of the key benefits of becoming a Business or Trade Member of HABIC, is that you receive access to ISME business advice and supports, HR Supports, training and much more.
Ordinarily, becoming a member of ISME for a company employing 1-5 employees is valued at €363 per annum.
ISME Membership is included FREE of charge as a key Benefit of your HABIC Membership.
What is ISME?
ISME, the Irish SME Association, is Ireland’s only independent representative association for Small and Medium Enterprises and currently has in excess of 10,500 members nationwide.
What makes ISME unique as a business association is that it exists for benefit of the small to medium sized businesses. Unique to Ireland, this organisation is independent of large businesses, banks and government. ISME is a voice for the issues facing the owner/managers of Ireland’s small and medium sized companies.
Just like HABIC, ISME is run by members on behalf of its members. It’s National Council is made up of elected owner-managers of SMEs from all over Ireland and from a variety of sectors.
ISME exists to provide support to its members. And by becoming a Business or Trade Member of HABIC, you will receive Membership of ISME free of charge. As a Member of ISME you will have access to their Member Benefits including:
ISME Membership Benefits
Advice & Support
- Dedicated HR Advisory Service – ISME’s in-house HR Advisor can offer you information and advice on Employment Contracts, Staff Handbooks, Leave and Holiday Information, Bullying & Harassment, Disciplinary Procedures, Employer’s Health and Safety Obligations and more.
Turnaround time for HR queries is as follows:
Initial response: 1 full working day
General queries: 1 full working day
Contracts for review, individual polices, etc.: 1 week
Handbooks or policies (more than 4): 2 weeks
Template letters: 2 working days if not immediately available on website
Queries requiring research: Will get an update within 3 working days if not resolved, and will be in contact with a progress update
- General Business Advice & Support –Information on Government Supports, Revenue Information, New Legislation Updates, Access to Finance and more, is available within the ISME Members’ Area of the ISME website.
- Resources – All of ISME’s Guides, Reports, Publications & webinars are also available within their Members’ Area.
Access to their Members’ Area
ISME’s Members’ Area contains exclusive and valuable resources for your business including:
- Information & guides such as Employment Law and HR Advice, GDPR, Health & Safety plus HR webinars
- A Members’ Directory, where members can network with each other
- A tool where you can upload your job vacancies free of charge to the ISME website
- A tool where you can upload news and announcements about your business to the ISME website
- A Members’ Forum – a secure space to discuss topics and issues with other ISME Members
- Full access to all publications, guides and reports
- Full details on how to access the ADVANTAGE Affinity Programmes and make valuable savings for your business
Access to ISME services is granted within 2 working days after your details are sent to ISME from HABIC.
ADVANTAGE Affinity Programme
- Reduce your business costs and add value to your business through the buying power of ISME. They have negotiated preferential rates, added services and access to selected companies across a range of industries for their members.
- They have over 20 Affinity programmes which include Finance, IT & Broadband, HR & Recruitment, Energy, Office Products, Training and more.
Representation & Lobbying
- As the only Independent Representative body for owners of Small & Medium Businesses in Ireland, ISME is always working on behalf of their Members to ensure that SMEs are represented at all levels and that your voice is heard.
Promote your business
- Use of ISME logo.
- ISME Members do business with other ISME Members.
- You can upload news stories and job vacancies through the Members Area which appears on isme.ie.
- Advertise your business in The bISME, their quarterly online business magazine which is sent to their database of over 15K, the ISME Wall Planner and ISME Yearbook & Diary. You will receive discounted rates as a Member and you can find out full details here.
- Promote and do business with fellow Members through the Members Offers page here, through the ISME Members’ Directory and discuss key issues on the Member’s Forum in the Members Area.
- Social Media is one of their most active channels for information and news. Make sure you follow ISME on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram to keep up-to date with what’s going on with ISME and their Members!
To find out more about ISME and the benefits you will have access to as a member of HABIC, please see: www.isme.ie